About common objects
The Common Objects pages (located under Policies > Common Objects in the Workload Security console) provide a way to define objects once so that you can reuse them various policies and rules. When you use one of the common objects in the policy or computer editor, its settings can be overridden for that specific policy or computer. For more information on how common object properties can be inherited and overridden at the policy or computer level, see Policies, inheritance, and overrides.
You can automate common object creation and configuration using the Workload Security API.
Some protection modules make use of rules:
- Define a firewall rule for use in policies
- Configure an intrusion prevention rule for use in policies
- Define an integrity monitoring rule for use in policies
- Define a log inspection rule for use in policies
- Create a list of directories for use in policies
- Create a list of file extensions for policies
- Create a list of files for policies
- Create a list of IP addresses for policies
- Create a list of MAC addresses for policies
- Create a list of ports for use in policies