Topics on this page
Add an AWS account using the quick setup
Quick setup is the easiest way to add an AWS account because it uses an AWS CloudFormation template to automate the setup. You can run through the quick setup several times to add multiple AWS accounts.
To add an AWS account:
- In the Workload Security console, go to Computers and click Add > Add AWS Account.
- Select Quick.
- Click Next. A page appears that describes what happens during the setup process with a URL. The URL is valid for one hour.
- Click Next.
- If you have not already signed into your AWS account you are prompted to do so.
- Click Next on the Select Template page to accept the defaults.
- If your organization uses tags, you can add them on the Options page.
- Click Next.
- On the Review page, select the check box next to I acknowledge that this template might cause AWS CloudFormation to create IAM resources.
- Click Create. When AWS CloudFormation finishes setting up a cross-account role, the Workload Security wizard displays a success message. You can close the screen before the success message is displayed. The account is added to Workload Security immediately after the cross-account role is set up. For more information on how this is done, see What does the cloud formation template do when I add an AWS account?
- If your AWS account includes Amazon WorkSpaces, and you want to protect them with Workload Security, go to the Workload Security console, right-click your AWS account on the left, and select Properties. Enable Include Amazon WorkSpaces and click Save. By enabling the check box, you ensure that your Amazon WorkSpaces appear in the correct location in the tree structure in the Workload Security console and are billed at the correct rate.
If your account does not appear as a sub-folder under the Computers folder on the left within 10 minutes, or if an error message appears saying that the account could not be added, refer to Issues adding your AWS account to Workload Security for troubleshooting tips.
After completing the above tasks, proceed to Install the agent on your Amazon EC2 and WorkSpace instances if you have not done so already.