Manage an AWS account
Edit an AWS account
You can edit an AWS account's settings in Workload Security. You might need to do this if, for example, your AWS account needs to be configured to include Amazon WorkSpaces. To edit an AWS account:
- Log in to the Workload Security console.
- Click Computers at the top.
- On the left, right-click your AWS account name and select Properties.
- Edit the settings and click OK.
Remove an AWS account
Removing an AWS account from Workload Security permanently removes the account from the Workload Security database as well as its underlying computers. Your account with AWS is unaffected and any agents that were installed on the instances are still installed, running, and providing protection (although they will no longer receive security updates). If you decide to re-import computers from the AWS account, the agents download the latest security updates at the next scheduled opportunity.
- In the Workload Security console, click Computers at the top.
- In the navigation panel, right-click the AWS account and select Remove AWS Account.
- Confirm that you want to remove the account.
The account is removed from Workload Security.
Synchronize an AWS account
When you synchronize (sync) an AWS account, Workload Security connects to the AWS API to obtain and display the latest set of AWS EC2 and WorkSpace instances.
To force a sync immediately:
- In the Workload Security console, click Computers.
- On the left, right-click your AWS account and select Synchronize Now.
There is also a background sync that occurs every 10 minutes, and this interval is not configurable. If you force a sync, the background sync is unaffected and continues to occur according to its original schedule.