Topics on this page
Integrate with AWS Systems Manager Distributor
AWS Systems Manager Distributor is a tool integrated with AWS Systems Manager that you can use to securely store and distribute software packages in your accounts. By integrating Workload Security with AWS Systems Manager Distributor, you can distribute agents across multiple platforms, control access to managed instances, and automate your deployments.
Create an IAM policy
Follow the instructions in Importing existing managed policies.
In the Import managed policies window, add the AmazonSSMManagedInstanceCore policy.
Create a role and assign the policy
Follow the instructions in Creating a role for an AWS service.
In the Attach permissions policies window, add the AmazonSSMManagedInstanceCore permission.
- In your AWS console, navigate to AWS Systems Manager > Application Management > Parameter Store.
There are four parameters that need to be created. Click Create parameter and enter the Name and Value as listed in the following table. The other fields can be left with their default values.
Name Value dsActivationUrl On the Workload Security console, go to Support > Deployment Scripts. Go to the top of the generated script and copy the
dsManagerUrl On the Workload Security console, go to Support > Deployment Scripts. Go to the top of the generated script and copy the
dsTenantId On the Workload Security console, go to Support > Deployment Scripts. Scroll to the bottom of the generated script and copy the
dsToken On the Workload Security console, go to Support > Deployment Scripts. Scroll to the bottom of the generated script and copy the
Make sure the values for
dsManagerUrl are entered exactly as they appear, taking care to include the trailing slash where applicable.
- In the AWS console, go to AWS Systems Manager > Node Management > Distributor.
- Select the TrendMicro-CloudOne-WorkloadSecurity package, then Install on a Schedule.
- The Create Association page opens. Fill in the required fields. For Installation Type, you should use the In-place update option.
- Create a schedule. Using a scheduled State Manager Association ensures that agents are always installed and up to date.
- Click Create Association.
Protect your computers
You should configure a cloud connector for each AWS account which will contain managed agents. It might also be necessary to create a policy specific to the systems which will be managed by Distributor.