CloudFormation stack creation support
If you experience deployment failure while creating a CloudFormation stack, you have the option to send Trend Micro your CloudFormation stack event logs for further analysis and troubleshooting.
Follow the steps below to access and share your event logs with Trend Micro Cloud One™:
Option 1: Using AWS console
- Visit the AWS CloudFormation console, and select the failed CloudFormation stack.
- Click the Events tab, if the string (100+) appears at the top of the page, click the Load more button at the bottom of the page to display all available rows. Once all events are loaded the Load more button no longer appears, and an exact event count will be displayed.
- Select ALL events under the Events tab. Ensure that all four columns (Timestamp, Logical ID, Status, Status reason) are selected.
- Copy all log events to your clipboard.
- Save the copied log events to a .txt file. Optionally, you can attach the .txt file to your Cloud One support ticket confirmation email.
Option 2: Using AWS CLI
- Open AWS CloudShell by clicking on the square terminal icon at the top right of the AWS console (next to your account name). If AWS CloudShell is not available for your region, switch to a CloudShell supported region (for example us-west-2) and proceed to fetch log events for the failed stack. You also have the option to use your own terminal.
- Run the following command:
aws cloudformation describe-stack-events --region "<Your Stack Region>" --stack-name \ "<Your Stack Name>" > stackEvents.txt
- Under the Actions drop-down menu click Download file. In the Download File pop-up window, enter the file path
/home/cloudshell-user/stackEvents.txtto complete download.
- Copy the contents of the stackEvents.txt file to your clipboard.
Creating a support ticket
Log into your Cloud One account, and navigate to Support.
Enter your information in the Name, Email, and Country fields.
Select the following for the next three fields:
- Type of case: Technical support
- Service: Network Security
- Severity: General guidance
Paste the CloudFormation stack log events, that you previously copied to your clipboard in the steps above, into the Describe the problem field.
Note: If you copied the stack events log to a .txt file, you can share this file with Trend Micro by attaching it to the support ticket confirmation email you receive after successful support ticket submission.