Topics on this page
Follow these recommendations when deploying Network Security in your environment.
- Print the deployment checklist for the deployment option that you choose, and write the addresses and IDs of the network components in your environment as you work through the deployment.
- Name each network component as you create them.
- To easily navigate the AWS Management Console search for the different Services. For example, to navigate to the VPC Dashboard, search for VPC in the Services search bar.
- Make sure that no new subnets you create contain an IP address that is already in use. Learn more about IP addressing in your VPC.
- Network Security requires high CPU usage (85% or more). Disable any auto scaling alarms set for excess CPU utilization for your Network Security instances.
- Create and maintain the Transit Gateway and Network Security instances in a separate infrastructure AWS account. Create Transit Gateway attachments across your other AWS accounts that need access to other resources.
- Ensure you have permissions to access and modify the following areas of AWS before you begin deployment.