Topics on this page
Pay as You Go billing
With Pay as You Go billing, you are billed hourly for the gigabytes (GB) of traffic that pass through your network for each Network Security virtual appliance in your environment. You are not billed when the virtual appliance is not inspecting traffic, such as when the virtual appliance is restarting or in fallback mode.
The cost is calculated in GB per hour and no other unit. All values are rounded up for every appliance each hour. For example, if one virtual appliance uses 2.7 GB in an hour, and another appliance uses 0.1 GB in an hour, you are billed 3 GB for the first appliance and 1 GB for the second appliance, which makes 4 GB your total bill for that hour.
This pricing tier enables all security services, including Digital Vaccines and ThreatDV. The GBs are measured in binary gigabytes (GB), where 1GB is 230 bytes. This is the same way that AWS measures GBs for services like Transit Gateways. Learn more.
The table below summarizes the criteria for pricing.
|Dimension||Description||Unit||Frequency submitted to usage service||Frequency submitted to AWS Marketplace||Usage resource type||List price|
|Network GBs||GBs of traffic that pass through each Network Security virtual appliance in each hour||GB||Hourly||Hourly||Network Security virtual appliance||$0.013/GB|
Charges begin after you subscribe to the Trend Micro Cloud One listing. To see if you are already subscribed, check your Trend Micro Cloud One account type by navigating to Workload Security, clicking your account name, then Account Details. If your Trend Micro Cloud One account type is
Licensed through AWS Marketplace, you will be billed for any Network Security usage.
With the free tier offering, you can get started with Network Security at no charge. The first 10GB of inspected traffic that you use each month, aggregated across all of your Network Security virtual appliances, is free. You are only billed once the 10GB threshold has been met.
This free 10GB offering renews automatically on the first of each month. Any unused capacity does not roll over month to month.
Sign up for Pay as You Go
To set up Pay as You Go billing, register for Pay as You Go through Workload Security.
If you are in an Azure environment, create an AWS account to sign up for Pay as You Go billing through the AWS Marketplace.
Register for Pay as You Go in Workload Security
- Log in to your Trend Micro Cloud One account.
- Click Workload Security.
- At the top of the page header, click on your account name.
- Select Account Details from the drop-down menu.
- Click Upgrade to Paid.
- Click Subscribe through AWS Marketplace. This takes you to the AWS Marketplace page for the Trend Micro Pay as You Go subscription.
- Click Continue to Subscribe, log in to your AWS account, and then click Subscribe.
- After you Set Up Your Account for Pay as You Go in AWS Marketplace, your subscription is active.
Vendor-provided cost allocation tags
Vendor-provided cost allocation tags are only available in AWS environments at this time.
Cost allocation tagging can present more detailed information about the various costs in your AWS environment, like the network usage across multiple departments or subdivisions in your organization.
Using the vendor-provided cost allocation tag functionality (learn more), Network Security creates a specific tag to correspond with the Network Security metered usage. The Network Security tag provides a more granular look at your billing information across your member accounts.
Enable the Network Security cost allocation tag
- Log in to the AWS Management Console with your master payer account credentials.
- Navigate to the Billing and Cost Management Dashboard.
- Click Cost allocation tags, and then click on the AWS-generated cost allocation tags tab at the top of the page.
- Select the aws:createdBy and the aws:marketplace:isv:cloudAccountId tags from the list of tags, and then click Activate. Learn more.
Once the Network Security tag is activated, it could take up to 24 hours for the itemized usage to be reflected in AWS Cost Explorer.
View the itemized usage
- Navigate to the AWS Cost Explorer page from the Billing Dashboard.
- Use the Cost Explorer console to enter a set of parameters, like the dates for the relevant data that you want to view.
- For the Usage Type filter, select the Network Security billing dimension, MP:NetworkGB-Units.
- For the Tag filter, select the same tag that previously activated, aws:marketplace:isv:cloudAccountId.
- At the top of the chart, in the Group by values, click Tag and then select the tag name again.
Once the Cost Explorer report updates, you can see the break down of usage for the different accounts in your network. Learn more about AWS Cost Explorer.