Topics on this page
Generate your first detection
To test your deployment, you'll need to generate a malware detection using the
Follow the instructions below. There is also a video demonstration if you prefer.
Obtain the eicar file:
- Temporarily disable your virus scanner, otherwise it will catch the eicar file and delete it.
- Go to the eicar file page.
eicar_com.zipor any of the other versions of this file.
- Check the ZIP file to make sure it includes a file.
Add the eicar file to your S3 bucket:
- In AWS, go to Services > S3 and find your S3 bucket to scan.
- Select Upload and upload
eicar_com.zip. File Storage Security scans the file and detects malware.
Examine the tags from the scan result:
Still in your S3 bucket, select
eicar_com.zip, then scroll to the Tags section.
Look for the following tags:
- fss-scan-date date_and_time
The tags indicate that File Storage Security scanned the file and tagged it correctly as malware.
The scan results are also available in the console on the Scan Activity page. For more information, see View scan results on the console Scan Activity page
Remember to re-enable your virus scanner after testing is complete.
You have now tested your File Storage Security deployment. Continue to the next section for information on your next steps.