Configure Slack to receive alerts
You can configure Slack to receive alerts from Application Security by following the steps below:
Create a Slack App
- Go to https://api.slack.com/apps
- Select Create an App.
- Give your App a name and select the development workspace you'd like it to report to. Select Create App when you're done.
- From the side-menu, select OAuth & Permissions.
- In the Scopes panel under Bot Token Scopes, select Add an OAuth Scope.
- From the drop-down menu, select chat:write.public. A pop-up window appears, confirming that chat:write will also be automatically added. Select Add Scopes. You can add other scopes if you'd like, but it's not necessary for integrating Application Security with Slack.
- At the top of the page, select Install App to Workspace.
- Copy your OAuth Access Token to your clipboard.
Integrate with Application Security
- Navigate to your Application Security dashboard. In the left menu, select Integrations.
- Select Add Integration from the top-right corner.
- Select Slack from the pop-up window.
- In the Configure Slack Integration window, fill in the following fields:
- API Key: Your OAuth Access Token that was copied above.
- Hint: A hint you can use to help you remember what access token was used to integrate Application Security with Slack. Your Integration Key will be hidden once the integration is added for security reasons.
- Channel Name: The Slack channel you'd like the alerts to be posted to. Do not include the # sign.
- Minimum Reported Severity: The minimum severity of alerts that you'd like to be posted to your Slack channel. You can choose between high, medium, or low.
- Select Add Integration.
You've completed integrating Application Security with Slack! When a new alert is generated, it will appear in your designated Slack channel.