Topics on this page
Manage API keys
Create an API key to use for authenticating your requests with Trend Micro Cloud One. Trend Micro recommends creating one API key for every user needing API access to Trend Micro Cloud One. One API key can be used to access all Trend Micro Cloud One services within an account.
Upon creation of an API key, you are provided a unique secret key that is associated with the API key. You use this secret key with your API calls for authenticating.
Create a new API key
- In the upper-right corner of the Trend Micro Cloud One console, select the account where you want to add an API key.
- Click the account name and then Account Settings.
On the left side of the console, select API Keys.
On the screen that appears, enter this information and then select Next:
- API Key Alias: A friendly name that will help you identify the API key
- Role: The API key can have access to various Trend Micro Cloud One services, depending on the role assigned.
- Language: English or Japanese
- Timezone: Time zone where the API key's user is located.
The API key value is displayed. Copy the value now and save it in a safe location because it can't be displayed again. If you lose it, you will need to create a new API key.
- Select Close.
You can use the API Key Properties section of the page to change properties of the API key (alias, role, language, time zone) after it's created.
Lock out an existing API key
If an existing API key has been compromised, you can lock it out.
- Select the API key you want to lock out.
- In the API Key properties section, set Enabled to No.
- Click Save.
You can also permanently delete an API key by selecting it and then clicking Delete.
Making Requests with Cloud One API keys
Each request that you make requires an authorization in the header. For Cloud One API keys:
ApiKey <your key value>
The APIs for some services also require an
Api-Version header. For specifics, refer to the API reference documentation for each service.
Certain APIs will have global URLs, while others will require the region of the account to be specified.
Please ensure you use an API key in the same region as your account and specify the correct region for your API key. For a list of currently available regions, see Trend Micro Cloud One regions
Example curl command for a global endpoint:
curl -X GET https://accounts.cloudone.trendmicro.com/api/accounts/<your-account-id> -H 'Authorization: ApiKey <your-key-value>' -H 'api-version: v1'
Example curl command for a regional endpoint:
curl -X GET https://audit.us-1.cloudone.trendmicro.com/api/logs -H 'Authorization: ApiKey <your-key-value>' -H 'api-version: v1'